Thursday, March 1, 2012

Look For Me

Look for me
when i am gone
between the pages of the notebook
that i keep
but will never show you
where i have kept alive
every strange moment
i have chosen no longer to dwell upon
where i have stashed you
every thought of you
And a simple wish
how much i would have loved
to have been loved by you

Look for me
and you will find me
you will know me
in between the notes
of the thousand songs
thats i once sang to you
you will find me
in the flight of the empty swing
that i once pushed
a thousand miles into the blue sky
as you stood beneath
and watched
captivated
you will find me
in the contours of the painting
that hangs near the window
or beneath your stairs
you will know me
by the colors - deep and bold
colors of a heart
you never knew
never comprehended

Look for me
because i look for you
I uncover you
in every dream
hiding one more flight of stairs away
higher and lighter
in the distance
I look for you like a ghost
In all the places i go
and sometimes i find you
in the shadow of a man
who wears your haircut
I look for you
in between raindrops
are you
the blue curve of the rainbow?

I will now look for you
where i know you hide
in bewteen the folds of my thoughts
I will look for you
and push you out
I will!!

No comments: